RESIDENCES AT 1717 - NOW OPEN!
The 21-story curtain wall / glass and stone office building, originally built in 1959 to be the headquarters for the East Ohio Gas Company, has sat vacant since 2009, is undergoing an estimated $65 million historic renovation and conversion into 223 one and two bedroom luxury apartments and 10,000 square feet of street-level retail, now known as Residences at 1717. Boasting some of the most impressive views of Cleveland's skyline and the Lake Erie shore, Residences at 1717 is among the most desirable and exciting apartment buildings in Downtown Cleveland's growing residential marketplace.
Residences at 1717 features granite countertops, stainless steel appliances and custom cabinetry, and is wired for high-speed internet and cable television. The building will be the most environmentally friendly and energy efficient apartments in the area, being the first all-LED lighted building in Downtown Cleveland, and utilizing heat pumps, ENERGY STAR appliances, and water saving low-flow fixtures throughout. The goal is for residents to enjoy the lowest utility bills in the area. A state-of-the-art fitness center and a 550-car attached parking garage complement the other amenities, and discussions are currently underway with possible restaurants and services to occupy the first-floor retail spaces and Al's Deli will be moving in this fall.
Construction is well underway and first occupancy took place at the beginning of July, with completion scheduled for March of 2015. For additional information, contact us at 1717@KandD.com.